Each week, after the game, I will name a few Falcons players who deserve recognition for their performance. We call it earning your wings. Here we go:-
- RB Jacquizz Rodgers – Quizz gets recognition on this list for the first time this season. This is in thanks to the great catch off the wheel rout for a TD to get the Falcons back in the ball game, at a time when the Falcons needed a spark very badly. The touchdown was his first in the NFL and will likely be the first of many. Check out the article talking about Jacquizz Rodgers as a rising star.
- LB Sean Weatherspoon – Surprise, Surprise, Spoon has a great game. He is almost penciled in as a regular on this list. This time round he had your usual 9 tackles and a sack, while also making a few pass deflections. He is a complete linebacker.
- QB Matt Ryan – A statistically magnificent game from Ryan, with 320 yards and 4 touchdowns. What continues to impress me is how in control he is of the offense. It is no coincidence that the best Falcons offensive drives are out of the no huddle when Ryan chooses what he wants and doesn’t have to listen to OC Mike Mularkey.
- WR Julio Jones – Just think, once Jones learns how to complete catches on the jump balls, this guy will be unstoppable. He did a nice job snagging a few tricky balls and showing off his athleticism on two touchdown receptions in the 4th quarter, effectively winning the game for Atlanta.
- P Matt Bosher – Bosher has easily been the most improved Falcon from the first game of the season to now. He is just kicking the hell out of the ball at the moment, punting the ball 6 times against Carolina for an average of 46 yards, with a long of 55 and 3 downed inside the 20. If he keeps this up a 6th round pick, kind of seems like a steal, if that’s possible.