Let’s take a look at how each team in the race got on this week.
As we all know, we dominated the Jacksonville Jags 41-14 to move to 9-5. Dallas (8-6) were in action on Saturday and beat our NFC South rivals Tampa Bay comfortably, to give Dallas the lead in the NFC East.
Green Bay (13-1) fell flat and destroyed their opportunity at an undefeated season, with sloppy loss at Kansas City. Despite the loss they are still very much the favourtie to secure home field advantage.
San Francisco (11-3) performed very well last night in beating one of the AFC’s best the Pittsburgh Steelers. It is still nip an tuck to see who out themselves and New Orleans will secure the 2nd seed.
The aforementioned Saints (11-3) gave the Vikings a beat down, one week ahead of the showdown with our Falcons.
Detroit (9-5), scraped past Oakland after coming back in dramatic fashion to win the ball game.
In the wild card hunt Chicago (7-7) lost at home to the Seattle Seahawks (7-7), who are now very much in this picture now and are probably the favorite to step into one of the wild card spots should Detroit fall off.
The New York Giants (7-7) dropped the ball big style this week against a poor Washington team at home. Their chances are now pretty much reduced to only winning the division, as the wild card is now out of reach.
Lets have a look at the seeds after week 15..
- 1. Green Bay Packers (13-1)
- 2. San Francisco 49ers (11-3)
- 3. New Orleans Saints (11-3)
- 4. Dallas Cowboys (8-6)
- 5. Atlanta Falcons (9-5)
- 6. Detroit Lions (9-5)
This would leave the New York Giants (7-7), the Seattle Seahawks (7-7), Arizona Cardinals (7-7) and the Chicago Bears (7-7) two games back in the chase with two games to go. With each team having 2 games remaining, here is a look at the all important schedules for each team.
Follow the jump to see analysis of every team’s schedule and all the tie breakers.
1. Green Bay Packers (North) (Currently 13-1) – vs Bears, vs Lions
2. San Francisco 49ers (West) (Currently 11-3) – @Seahawks, @Rams
3. New Orleans Saints (South) (Currently 11-3) – vs Falcons, vs Panthers.
4. Dallas Cowboys (East) (Currently 8-6) – vs Eagles, @Giants.
5. Atlanta Falcons (South) (Currently 9-5) – @Saints, vs Bucs.
6. Detroit Lions (North) (Currently 9-5) – vs Chargers, @Packers.
7. Seattle Seahawks (West) (Currently 7-7) – vs 49ers, @Cardinals
8. Chicago Bears (North) (Currently 7-7) – @Packers, @Vikings.
9. New York Giants (East) (Currently 7-7) – @Jets, vs Cowboys.
10. Arizona Cardinals (West) (Currently 7-7) – @Bengals, vs Seahawks.