The off season machine is in full swing and here just to catch up are some story lines that could directly or indirectly affect the Falcons:
- DE Julius Peppers – The biggest defensive free agent out there. He will be expensive but he is an impact player. We have heard the rumors in the past so it is natural for the Falcons to be rumored but ultimately I think the price tag will outweigh the production.
- CB Dunta Robinson – This guy is someone that I would love to see in a Falcons uniform but probably not at the price tag that it is going to cost. I think the Falcons will look at him but if last year’s negotiations with Dominique Foxworth prove anything its that the Falcons are not going to try and overpay for someone who may or may not be a #1 corner. I don’t see this one as likely.
- RB Ladanian Tomlinson – This would reunite the Turner and Tomlinson that was so successful in San Diego but this time it would result in a switch in roles. Not likely due to the price tag yet again.
- RB Bryan Westbrook – I am intrigued by Westbrook because he is such a good receiver. His career was basically everything that I hoped Jarious Norwood could become. I think Westbrook would thrive in a third down role. The question is injuries? Like Norwood he has been injured a lot and their are no guarantees that he could make it through a season. I do think though he would come a lot cheaper.
- The coin flip between the Falcons and the Houston Texans for the 19th pick will occur today at the scouting combine. So the Falcons will know for sure where they are picking after today.
- The combine started yesterday and continues throughout the weekend.
- Rumors out of Falcons camp is that they will be scouring the combine scouting the top corner backs. There is a strong feeling that the Falcons will take a corner or a pass rushing Defensive End with their first pick.