A closer look at Atlanta’s 2022 undrafted free agents
Shortly after the 2022 NFL Draft came to a close, the Atlanta Falcons called a number of undrafted college athletes to suit up and play in Atlanta.
Here’s a complete list of the 13 undrafted free agents the Atlanta Falcons signed:
- WR Jared Bernhardt, Ferris State
- WR Stanley Berryhill, Arizona
- OLB Kuony Deng, California
- CB Matt Hankins, Iowa
- S Brad Hawkins, Michigan
- DL Timothy Horne, Kansas State
- WR Tyshaun James, Central Connecticut
- ILB Nathan Landman, Colorado
- DL Bryce Rodgers, UC Davis
- DL Derrick Tangelo, Penn State
- P Seth Vernon, Portland State
- OL Tyler Vrabel, Boston College
- TE Leroy Watson, UTSA
Many of these picks were made within 24 hours of the conclusion of the NFL Draft, with Terry Fontenot and company being active callers across college players who weren’t drafted.
Here are some of their highlights posted by the Atlanta Falcons:
While these signings may not seem nearly as flashy as the members of Atlanta’s 2022 draft class, there are more than just a few former undrafted free agents who have earned spots on NFL rosters.
One of those undrafted free agents who made a name for themselves is Atlanta’s very own Olamide Zaccheaus, who was signed by the Falcons as an undrafted free agent out of Virginia in 2019.
Despite their undrafted free agent status, more than one of these players have a legitimate chance to make the Atlanta Falcons’ roster by the start of the 2022 season.
Here’s a closer look at Atlanta’s undrafted free agent signings: