Each week, I will attempt to watch at least two college football games in full and post my thoughts here on Blogging Dirty after the game. The focus of these reports will be potential prospects for the upcoming 2012 draft. Earlier I reported on the Wisconsin vs Oregon State game.
Next up is the thriller between South Carolina and Georgia. With few draftable seniors in action, the focus became the underclassmen.
- South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffrey looked dangerous, when Garcia could get him the ball. He is a sure fire top 10 pick in April 2012.
- CB Stephon Gilmore has impressed as well, will be another first round pick in 2012.
- Junior DE Devin Taylor showed nice explosiveness early in the game, looks very similar to Falcons rookie DE Cliff Matthews (also from SC)
- My star of this game was Georgia S Bacarri Rambo, he covered well getting an INT as well as being very adept in run support. He could emerge into an elite safety prospect.
- Georgia’s O-Line did a nice job in run blocking during the game, my favourite out of the group is Sophomore G Dallas Lee, will be a high pick in either the 2013 or 2014 draft.
- SC Sophomore RB Marcus Lattimore looks like a beast. My only concern for him is that he is taking so many carries, by the time he becomes draft eligible, the amount of carries may be taking a toll on him.
- Georgia QB Aaron Murray did a nice job in the second half and i have no doubts he will continue to progress and be a first round pick in the 2013 or 2014 draft.
- A true freshmen is already on the radar! Georgia RB Isiah Crowell looked dynamic and dangerous in this one, showing why he was a five star prospect. His light frame is a concern, but it is still early for him, will be interesting to see how he develops physically over the next couple of years.