Earlier today our newest addition to the coaching staff Dirk Koetter spoke with the Atlanta media for the first time. He talked about how his style will affect the Falcons and how the Falcons style will impact him.
Here are some of the highlights from the interview:-
- Koetter : “I’m thrilled. This is a chance for me to work inside a great organization with a tremendous coaching staff led by Mike Smith”.
- “The No-huddle will certainly be a part of the offense. Not sure what percentage it will be”.
- “One of my first orders of business when I get there is to watch film. I’m looking forward to watching all 16 games”.
- “You can tell Matt (Ryan) understands offensive football. I couldn’t be more excited to work with Matt”
- “I’ve got to come in there and just do the best job I can to make people be the best they can be”.
- “I’ll be extremely dedicated to the task at hand and I understand the task at hand”.
- “Offense is always going to be dictated to some extent by your personnel. One of the hardest things for a team to defend is balance”.
- “Koetter mentions the addition of the screen game as part of his offense, something the Falcons didn’t utilize much last year”
- “Are we going to be a vertical passing team? Are we going to be a no-huddle team? To be successful you have to be able to do it all”.
- “I’m a big believer in the screen game. Smith has mentioned to me that he wants to be a better screen team”.
- “This is a quarterback-driven league. Matt has proven over his first four years that he belongs in the upper tier of QBs in NFL”.