Blogging Dirty is looking to add a few key members to its staff.
We strive to give Blogging Dirty readers strong, opinionated and original content on a daily basis throughout the year. To do this, we feel we need to expand our staff to be able to serve our growing readership.
Working for Blogging Dirty and the Fansided network, is a great way for ambitous sports writers and armchair Quarterbacks alike to get their opinions heard.
Below is the list of positions we are looking to fill. We will look to respond to your application within 24 hours. Thanks in advance for applying.
All applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: Blogging Dirty is looking for columnists to add to our stable of writers delivering original and entertaining commentary on the Atlanta Falcons. Blogging Dirty staff writers are the heart and soul of our site and must “bring it” on a weekly basis. We are looking for writers that can be help lead the discussion and bring a fresh, outside-the-box perspective on the team. Humor and analysis are greatly valued around here.
– Submit one column per-week at assigned day and time.
– Responsible for coming up original, numerous and provocative content focus that will help spur conversation and debate.
-Submit articles that are well formatted and free of errors.
-Writers should be active in participating in the comments section of not only their columns but the columns of other writers on the site.
Experience writing in WordPress is preferred but not required.
We are looking for very strong writers.
Reliability is a must.
To apply: Please submit a brief cover letter explaining why you want to write for Blogging Dirty. Please also include a writing sample of at least 400 words that you feel best represents the type of work you feel you can provide on a week to week basis.
This is not a paid position.
Description: Blogging Dirty is looking for a “Draft Guru” to add to its staff heading into the offseason.
Requirements: Our Draft Guru will be responsible for submitting a weekly 2012 NFL mock draft, as well as information on draft needs and scouting reports.
– Post a weekly 2 or 3 round mock draft, that with our connections will be able to get thousands of people reading your work.
– Provide updates on the Falcons’ draft needs regularly.
– Publish scouting reports on the prospects the Falcons could be looking at.
– During the College Football season, post recaps of some games that are important for the upcoming draft.
You must have an exceptional knowledge of college football and the Draft process.
To apply: Please submit a brief note explaining why you think you think you will succeed at this position. Including your past experience with scouting and the draft.
Social Media Director
Description: Blogging Dirty is looking for a savvy Social Media Director to promote the site’s Facebook page.
Requirements: The Social Media Director will be responsible for the day to day operation and promotion of Blogging Dirty’s Facebook Page.
– Engage and interact with Blogging Dirty readers on the FB platform by posting polls, posing questions and adding links to interesting and informative Falcons links.
– Grow the number of “likes” on the Blogging Dirty FB page.
– Promote Blogging Dirty content being automatically posted to the FB page by engaging with readers and by starting conversations with followers in the comments of these posts.
– Moderate all conversations, removing any inflammatory or inappropriate comments.
– Represent Blogging Dirty in a professional manner at all times.
Qualified candidates should have the ability to update the FB page multiple times a day, seven days a week.
To apply: Please submit a brief note explaining why you think you think you will succeed at this position and your plan of attack for successfully growing the page’s likes and increasing daily interaction.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com
Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
While we cannot offer paid positions at this time, joining the Blogging Dirty team can be an enjoyable and rewarding experience. The FanSided Network is growing rapidly and multiple paid opportunities are always popping up. We will also provide references.
Keep in mind opportunities have been presented to writers on this network to interview players, cover the NFL draft, and gain press credentials to their favorite team. Again, you can’t get any of that by sitting around on the couch.
Most of all we want passionate and dedicated fans of the Atlanta Falcons who will be committed to helping us build the best Falcons site in the world.