Atlanta Falcons fans, get ready for some Gabe Carimi at starting left tackle this week against the Cincinnati Bengals.
More from Atlanta Falcons News
- Atlanta Falcons are the perfect fit for Leonard Floyd
- 3 Largest Atlanta Falcons 2023 dead cap hits
- Atlanta Falcons trade up for a quarterback in this full mock draft
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 3 Reasons the Atlanta Falcons shouldn’t fear Derek Carr and the Saints
Jake Matthews, ankle, has been ruled out for this week. The good news for the big fella is that the MRI results for a high ankle sprain was ruled negative, so you can expect him to be back on the field tomorrow.
The Falcons head coach Mike Smith has been pleased with Carimi’s performance this week in practice.
Last week against the New Orleans Saints, however Carimi had the worst grade according to ProFootballFocus.com. He also won’t get a break being that he is going against the Cincinatti Bengals front seven, one of the most feared in the league.
The only other player on the injury report is star wide receiver Roddy White, but it looks like he will play as he is listed as probable. White commented on his injury to TheFalcoholic.com.
"“I’m feeling really good. It did kind of scare me, but after that my adrenaline started pumping and I got back in there and caught some passes. So I got back on Monday and it felt a little sore, but now I’m ready to go.”"
Here we go, it is the Atlanta Falcons vs Cincinnati Bengals this Sunday!