Good morning, Atlanta Falcons fans. As you get up and sip your morning coffee, we bring you up to date with everything going on in the world of the Falcons.
Welcome to The Dirty Bird Daily.
Dec 29, 2014; Orlando, FL, USA; Clemson Tigers defensive end Vic Beasley (3) celebrates with wide receiver Mike Williams (7) after scoring a touchdown against the Oklahoma Sooners during the first quarter of the 2014 Russell Athletic Bowl at Florida Citrus Bowl. Mandatory Credit: Joshua S. Kelly-USA TODAY Sports
Do Falcons have trade partner from No. 8?
It is entirely possible the Atlanta Falcons will trade up tomorrow night and take one of Dante Fowler or Vic Beasley. But do the Falcons have a trade partner? Jeff Reynolds of CBSSports.com explores the options:
"At No. 8 overall, teams likely know Dimitroff will dance if he can find the appropriate partner. He has made a deal in every draft since he became general manager of the Falcons. The ideal spot for a swap could be No. 4 with the Oakland Raiders or the next spot, where Washington Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan already announced he was open for business."
Beasley” ‘Dream come true’ to be drafted by Falcons
But maybe Thomas Dimitroff should be looking in the direction of fellow pass rusher Vic Beasley. Beasley has expressed time and time again that he grew up as a Falcons fan and would love the opportunity to play for them. Andrew Hirsh of The Falcoholic writes:
More from Blogging Dirty
- Atlanta Falcons are the perfect fit for Leonard Floyd
- 3 Largest Atlanta Falcons 2023 dead cap hits
- Atlanta Falcons trade up for a quarterback in this full mock draft
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 3 Reasons the Atlanta Falcons shouldn’t fear Derek Carr and the Saints
"“Beasley, an explosive, athletic edge rusher, could be a great fit in Atlanta. The Clemson product set a school record with 33 total sacks and finished fourth all-time in tackles for loss; additionally, he turned in a fantastic Combine performance, which included a 4.53 second 40-yard dash and the best vertical leap and broad jump among D-linemen.”"
The FanSided Mock Draft
Every NFL FanSided editor came together this week and hit the clock to select a player in the FanSided mock draft for their team. Check out our Blogging Dirty pick for the Falcons, as well as who the other editors picked for their respective teams.
As ever, there is plenty of content right here at Blogging Dirty:
- We are excited to announce the debut episode of our Blogging Dirty podcast. Plenty of draft talk — check it out here.
- And here is the final part of our Blogging Dirty writers’ mock draft. Find out who the writers picked in Round 7, when the Falcons hit the clock twice.
- Harrison Nayler speaks with the rivals, in his pre-draft edition of Interview with the Enemy. This week, he speaks with Saints writer and editor of Who Dat Dish, Andrew Schuster.