Atlanta Falcons: Projecting the offensive starters for 2015
Nov 16, 2014; Charlotte, NC, USA; Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones (11) and quarterback Matt Ryan (2) react in the third quarter. The Falcons defeated the Panthers 19-17 at Bank of America Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-USA TODAY Sports
The Atlanta Falcons have had one of the NFL’s most potent offensive units in the past few years and that trend will continue in 2015. The Falcons have been anchored by quarterback Matt Ryan since 2008 and have given him numerous weapons to throw the ball too over the years.
More from Blogging Dirty
- Atlanta Falcons are the perfect fit for Leonard Floyd
- 3 Largest Atlanta Falcons 2023 dead cap hits
- Atlanta Falcons trade up for a quarterback in this full mock draft
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 3 Reasons the Atlanta Falcons shouldn’t fear Derek Carr and the Saints
What once was a run-first team back in Ryan’s early years has turned into a pass-first team, but that may change moving forward. New offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan will call the plays on offense for the Falcons and will implement a scheme much more similar to that of Ryan’s early years. This new scheme will call for a lot more running plays which will give Atlanta a much more balanced attack in 2015.
But, who will be in charge of running the ball and catching the ball for the Falcons this year? Lets take a look at the projected starters.