Spoiler alert: The Falcons are loaded with receivers
It goes without saying that the Falcons have a deep receiving corps. Including tight ends, the Falcons have Julio Jones, Roddy White, Leonard Hankerson, Justin Hardy, Jacob Tamme and Levine Toilolo who are all capable of making plays. Three of them stood out on day five.
More from Blogging Dirty
- Atlanta Falcons are the perfect fit for Leonard Floyd
- 3 Largest Atlanta Falcons 2023 dead cap hits
- Atlanta Falcons trade up for a quarterback in this full mock draft
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 3 Reasons the Atlanta Falcons shouldn’t fear Derek Carr and the Saints
Jones continues to have a stellar camp and hauls in nearly every catch with ease. Leonard Hankerson finally has a quarterback capable of throwing him the ball and rookie Hardy is starting to come into his own. Hankerson gives the Falcons a big body with solid speed and could be White’s replacement once he hangs it up. At just 26 years old, Hankerson appears to have a lot of life left in him. Hardy has struggled at times, but has caught nearly every pass thrown his way in the past two practices, especially in the middle of the field.
The Falcons still have a long way to go in training camp and will continue to battle through the ups and downs just like every other NFL team does. So far, so good.