Playing With Too Much Emotion
Atlanta has all the talent needed to beat the Patriots, but the mental aspect of the game will play a huge role in who walks out with the Lombardi Trophy.
More from Blogging Dirty
- Atlanta Falcons are the perfect fit for Leonard Floyd
- 3 Largest Atlanta Falcons 2023 dead cap hits
- Atlanta Falcons trade up for a quarterback in this full mock draft
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 3 Reasons the Atlanta Falcons shouldn’t fear Derek Carr and the Saints
The Falcons have a lot of young players, especially on defense, and a lot of players who’ve never experienced a stage as big as the Super Bowl. It’s going to be on head coach Dan Quinn’s shoulders to keep this team from playing with too much emotion.
The young defensive players especially will need to check their over-aggression at the door. All Tom Brady needs is for a roughing the passer or unnecessary roughness penalty to extend a drive, and then he’ll make Atlanta pay.
The Falcons will have to be careful not to let the chip on their shoulder turn into costly penalties and mental errors. Over-emotionalized play leads to mistakes, and the Patriots love to capitalize on extra chances.