No. 2: The Philadelphia Eagles
It might come as a shock that the Philadelphia Eagles only landed as the number two obstacles for the Atlanta Falcons this season. The Eagles are rated as the second greatest threat because it is rare for a team to repeat as super bowl winners. Additionally, the Eagles were sloted at number two because the Los Angeles Rams are a better team this season.
More from Blogging Dirty
- Atlanta Falcons are the perfect fit for Leonard Floyd
- 3 Largest Atlanta Falcons 2023 dead cap hits
- Atlanta Falcons trade up for a quarterback in this full mock draft
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 3 Reasons the Atlanta Falcons shouldn’t fear Derek Carr and the Saints
It will be week one when the Falcons do battle with the Eagles. That means, both teams will likely have an entire season to rest and prepare for their probable playoff game. These are two teams that are designed to not only compete for playoff berths but to compete for championships.
It goes without saying, if the Falcons were to beat the Eagles in week one, Atlanta would be considered along with the Rams as the best two teams in the NFC.
While the Saints are scary because the Falcons have to play them twice, the Eagles are scary because of their quarterback Carson Wentz.
Currently, it is more likely than not that the third-year player will be able to play against the Falcons in week one. If so, the Falcons will be in for a hard fought match against one of the NFC’s best.