3 Reasons Matt Ryan should be headed to the Hall-of-Fame
1. Ryan’s statistical greatness
Whether or not stats matter seemingly depends on the day and the argument you choose to make in today’s hot take sports debate age. When all is said and done numbers and rings are both what will cement a quarterback’s legacy and there is no questioning Ryan’s statistical greatness as a player who has accomplished a lot in this league here are Ryan’s accolades as a reminder. You can read further about these accolades here:
- 59,735 Career Passing Yards
- 2016 MVP
- 367-Touchdowns Thrown
- 2008 OROY
- 2016 OPOY
- 42-Game winning drives
- Owns most passing yards through a player’s first 14-seasons in NFL history
- Surpassed 4,000-passing yards from 2011-2020 only Drew Brees accomplished this as well
- 10th QB in NFL history to surpass 50,000-passing yards
Matt Ryan put together impressive numbers and it doesn’t appear he is getting ready to retire anytime soon. Behind a great Colts offensive line with a running game and a good defense Ryan is going to continue to build an already impressive resume.
He will see his numbers jump significantly this season and continue to build what is already an overwhelmingly strong case to join the elite in the Hall. It isn’t numbers alone that make Ryan great it is the leadership and what he brought to a team that never had any answers.