Oct 11, 2014; Ann Arbor, MI, USA; Michigan Wolverines wide receiver Freddy Canteen (17) celebrates with wide receiver Devin Funchess (1) after catching a pass for a touchdown during the first quarter against the Penn State Nittany Lions at Michigan Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Andrew Weber-USA TODAY Sports
The Atlanta Falcons will likely be in search of a tight end in the 2015 NFL Draft. Would Devin Funchess be an ideal fit?
More from Atlanta Falcons Draft
- Atlanta Falcons trade up for a quarterback in this full mock draft
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 4 QBs Atlanta Falcons could target in rumored trade for No. 1 pick
- 3 Things Atlanta Falcons fans learned from Terry Fontenot at combine presser
- NFL insider says Atlanta Falcons will make play for No. 1 pick in draft
Funchess is labelled as a wide receiver, but the Michigan pass-catcher could make the transition back to tight end.
He has great size at 6’4″ and 232 pounds, and could become a mismatch for opposing defenses.
In his three years at Michigan, Funchess caught 126 passes for 1,715 yards and 15 touchdowns. His first two seasons were spent at tight end before making the transition to wide receiver in his junior year.
The Falcons are in desperate need of a talented pass-catcher to fill the void left by Tony Gonzalez after he retired a year ago.
Up to now, they haven’t been able to find his replacement.
Could Funchess be the answer?
Next: What are his strengths?