The pick is in. The Atlanta Falcons have selected defensive back Jalen Collins with the No. 42 selection of the 2015 NFL Draft. Is this the right move for the Falcons?
Collins has a blend of size and speed, and is the next addition to Dan Quinn’s defense as the Falcons aim to improve the unit that ranked dead last in 2014.
With outside linebacker Vic Beasley selected in the first round, is this the right move for the Falcons in the second?
For GM Thomas Dimitroff, it’s important to build a team new head coach Dan Quinn can compete with. The team isn’t far away from an NFC South title, so long as the right pieces are added.
More from Atlanta Falcons Draft
- Atlanta Falcons trade up for a quarterback in this full mock draft
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 4 QBs Atlanta Falcons could target in rumored trade for No. 1 pick
- 3 Things Atlanta Falcons fans learned from Terry Fontenot at combine presser
- NFL insider says Atlanta Falcons will make play for No. 1 pick in draft
The team ranked 32nd in total defense and pass defense, so adding Beasley was a smart move in the first round. Will they be able to improve on this ranking? They will surely need to in order to return to the playoffs.
Be sure to stay tuned to Blogging Dirty as we break down the draft pick and what it means for Atlanta going forward.
Barring any trades, which can always be expected with Dimitroff, here is a list of the remaining Falcons draft picks:
Round 3, Pick 9 (73)
Round 4, Pick 8 (107)
Round 5, Pick 10 (146)
Round 6, Pick 9 (185)
Round 7, Pick 8 (225)
Round 7, Pick 32 (249)
What do you think of the pick? Would you have done anything differently? Be sure to let us know?