Atlanta Falcons: 2016 free agency tracker
Legal NFL tampering has officially began and with that comes the massive amounts of rumors that are currently swirling around the league. While team’s cannot make anything official until Wednesday at 4 p.m., the players are starting to meet with teams in hopes of agreeing to terms and signing a new deal as soon as possible.
Three players have directly been linked to the Atlanta Falcons as of Monday. Center Alex Mack, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, Strong safety George Iloka formerly of the Cincinnati Bengals and guard J.R. Sweezy formerly of the Seattle Seahawks.
Seeing the Falcons’ being interested in Mack and Iloka is terrific. Both would be huge upgrades for the Falcons and would be a great start to free agency. Iloka would be replacing William Moore as the Falcons’ new strong safety would be Dan Quinn’s new Kam Chancellor. Signing Mack would give the Falcons’ a pro bowl caliber center and would fix one of their biggest holes in the offseason.
No news on whether or not the Falcons are showing strong interest in OLB Bruce Irvin or WR’s Travis Benjamin or Mohamed Sanu is unknown at this time. Check back here for your free agent rumors and acquisitions as they start to happen.
Thursday, Mar. 10
- The Falcons and WR Mohamed Sanu agree on a 5-year deal
- Atlanta brings back OLB Sean Weatherspoon on a 1-year deal
Wednesday, Mar. 9
- Marvin Jones is set to sign with the Detroit Lions
- George Iloka is choosing to re-sign with the Cincinnati Bengals
- Travis Benjamin appears to be signing a lucrative deal with the San Diego Chargers
4:00 p.m. : Free Agency officially begins
- The Atlanta Falcons agree to a 5-year deal with pro bowl center Alex Mack
- QB Matt Schaub is heading back to Atlanta to finish what he started
- Falcons to host WR Mohamed Sanu tonight, Mar. 9. Reportedly offering him big contract
- Vaughn McClure expects the Falcons to move in on LB Jerell Freeman
- Falcons ink DE Derrick Shelby to a 4-year deal worth $18 million
- Atlanta is brining back Adrian Clayborn on a 2-year deal
Tuesday, Mar. 8
- Atlanta is looking to bring back O’Brien Schofield
- It was down to the Falcons and Chiefs for Tamba Hali and the Chiefs appear to be the winner
- The Falcons appear to be out of the Danny Trevathan sweepstakes
- Bruce Irvin will either land with the Jaguars, Falcons or Cardinals
- The Falcons are showing strong interest in WR Travis Benjamin
Monday, Mar. 7
- The Falcons tender both LB Paul Worrilow and RT Ryan Schraeder at the second round level
- Atlanta Falcons amongst teams interested in SS George Iloka
- The Falcons may be the front runner to sign C Alex Mack
- Free agent G J.R. Sweezy is on the Falcons’ radar
- RT Mitchell Schwartz has been linked to the Atlanta Falcons