I don’t want to hear anyone question Matt Ryan’s numbers. The numbers he has produced throughout his career so far say all-time great.
The three things most people talk about when evaluating quarterback are touchdowns, yards and passer rating. He ranks both 12th all time in both passing yards and touchdowns and ranks 10th all time in passer rating. As far as those numbers are concerned when it comes to active quarterbacks, he ranks 6th, 7th and 7th respectfully.
By the end of next season, he will be in the top 10 all time for passing yards with a good chance to make a run at the top 5 if he continues the pace he is on now (which I fully expect him to do). He’s 47 touchdowns away from being in the top 10 in that category as well, which is not completely impossible to do because I firmly believe that he is capable for throwing for those types of numbers.
We can go even deeper in the stat sheet as well….
- Passing yards per game….fifth all time
- Most consecutive 200 yard passing games all time
- Most passing yards in first 10 seasons
- Fastest player to throw for 40 thousand yards
- Completion percentage…fifth all time. By the way, out of the four people ranked above him, only Drew Brees and Kurt Warner are in the Hall of Fame, the other two quarterbacks are Kirk Cousins and Chad Pennington, whose numbers are not even in the same ballpark as Matty Ice.
The numbers are only going to get better only help his case to be talked about among the NFL greats.