"First of all, if anyone missed the game you can watch the full condensed video in 30 minuets in the latest article I wrote."
A while back, I wrote an article asking if the Atlanta Falcons offense will be unstoppable in 2014.
More from Atlanta Falcons News
- Atlanta Falcons are the perfect fit for Leonard Floyd
- 3 Largest Atlanta Falcons 2023 dead cap hits
- Atlanta Falcons trade up for a quarterback in this full mock draft
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 3 Reasons the Atlanta Falcons shouldn’t fear Derek Carr and the Saints
After watching Matt Ryan and his bundle of weapons leave me speechless with my mouth open against the New Orleans Saitnts, there is no doubt that this offense can be the best in the NFL.
Why? Take a look at the players surrounding Ryan and how they did.
- Steven Jackson- 12 carries for 52 yards
- Jacquizz Rodgers- 6 carriers for 34 yards and 1 TD
- Julio Jones- 7 receptions for 116 yards
- Devin Hester- 5 receptions for 100 yards
- Harry Douglas- 6 receptions for 69 yards
- Roddy White- 5 receptions for 72 yards and 1 TD
- Antone Smith- 1 reception for 54 yards and 1 TD
After the performance, the Falcons now rank number one in total offense in the NFL and number one in total passing yards.
Do you also remember when I firmly stated to expect an MVP performance from Matt Ryan against the Saints? Well, that happened too.
If you aren’t a fan of the Dirty Birds, you think to yourself: “Are the Saints defense THAT bad?”
Matt Ryan is a strong bet for his first 5,000 yard season (in 2014)
Absolutely not. They have Junior Galette and Cameron Jordan who combined for over 24 sacks last season which makes them two of the best pass-rushing tandems in the league. They also have an impressive CB in Keenan Lewis, not to mention the veteran Curtis Lofton holding the middle linebacker position down. In fact, don’t be surprised if you see them doing extremely well next week.
I am very excited for this offense. Falcon fans have such high expectations from this group that anything short of 450 offensive yards a game will be dissapointing. And what’s not to love? Julio is just getting started from his comeback, he can seriously make a case for 2,000 yards this year. The Ryan-Julio connection will be huge.
We will know for sure whether this was a one game fluke when the Falcons face off against the Cincinnati Bengals AT CINCINNATI (They didn’t lose a game at home in the regular season in 2013) in week two. The Bengals were one of the best defenses in the league last season ranking in in the top 3 in total yards allowed.