Good morning, Atlanta Falcons fans. As you get up and sip your morning coffee, we bring you up to date with everything going on in the world of the Falcons.
Welcome to The Dirty Bird Daily.
Dec 28, 2014; Atlanta, GA, USA; Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones (11) runs against Carolina Panthers middle linebacker Luke Kuechly (59) during the second quarter at the Georgia Dome. Mandatory Credit: Dale Zanine-USA TODAY Sports
Falcons must re-sign Julio Jones
"“I’m not saying the Falcons should cut or trade Jones, but I am implying that they should sign Julio for the right price and the right reasons. If they can sign him to a deal where he is paid $7 to $ 9 million, then they should re-sign him without thinking twice about it. But, Atlanta can’t just re-sign him for $15 million a year just to keep the fans happy.”"
Analyzing Falcons offensive line
More from Blogging Dirty
- Atlanta Falcons are the perfect fit for Leonard Floyd
- 3 Largest Atlanta Falcons 2023 dead cap hits
- Atlanta Falcons trade up for a quarterback in this full mock draft
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 3 Reasons the Atlanta Falcons shouldn’t fear Derek Carr and the Saints
Vaughn McClure of ESPN breaks down the Falcons’ offensive line, taking a look at the cap numbers and the possibility to add more players in the draft:
"“There is a wait-and-see approach going on with so many of the linemen recovering from injuries. Matthews (Lisfranc), Baker (knee), Hawley (ACL), Konz (ACL) and Holmes (toe) all had surgeries.”"
Falcons workout Ameer Abdullah
"“Abdullah revealed earlier this month that Atlanta one was of the teams showing interest in him. We know the Falcons are set on drafting a running back to add to their depth chart for 2015. Abdullah might be a more costly pick, as he’s projected by most analysts to go somewhere in Round 2. But as Jones mentions, Abdullah would be a good fit for Kyle Shanahan’s zone-blocking scheme.”"
As ever, there is plenty of content right here at Blogging Dirty:
- Would DE Alvin Dupree be good fit for the Falcons? Here is his draft spotlight.
- Could WR Devin Funchess make the move to TE in the Falcons system? Here is a deeper look.