The Atlanta Falcons demolished the reigning NFC Champion Carolina Panthers in convincing fashion. There were many reasons why this occurred and about 300 of them were due to Julio Jones.
Oh did I say reasons? I meant to say yards. As in yes, 300 (!) receiving yards today from Mr. Quintorris “Julio” Jones. The Atlanta Falcons star receiver and his offense lit up the highly touted Panther defense to the tune of 48 points. That firepower and a solid defensive performance added up to a huge statement victory. With the win, the Falcons move into first place atop the NFC South.
More from Atlanta Falcons News
- Atlanta Falcons: 3 trade packages to land first-overall pick
- 3 Reasons the Atlanta Falcons shouldn’t fear Derek Carr and the Saints
- 4 Best QB situations for the Atlanta Falcons in 2023
- 3 Reasons Why this Offseason is make or break for Atlanta
- 4 QBs Atlanta Falcons could target in rumored trade for No. 1 pick
Coming into the game it was unclear just “how good” the Falcons were. They had only played teams with poor defenses up until this week. It was going to be a big test for this team and they passed with flying colors. Cam Newton and the Panthers never got going today and the Falcons capitalized. Franchise records were broken and after the dust settled, it was clear who the better team was on this day.
I could go on and on about how great this win was for the Falcons. But, such as tradition, we must move on to the 5 reasons why in our weekly slideshow. The first one shouldn’t surprise anyone.